(Photos now added to all the blogs of South America.) Chilly in Chile


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Santiago Region » Santiago
June 10th 2015
Published: June 11th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Finally, as promised, I have updated all my blogs of South America with photos. I also edited the blogs too as I noticed that the tablet I'd been using while we travelled had, annoyingly, kept altering what I'd written (damn predicted text) and some of it just didn't make sense.

I will just re publish this blog and if you're interested in the photos you can keep going to the next one and the next one and the photos will be there.

If you're not interested , sorry for cloging up your in box with the alerts.





Chilly in Chile

We arrived in Santiago to a crisp 6 degrees C. Felt like Manchester to be honest but by the time we'd collected our bags and found a bus to take us downtown the sun was out.
After checking in to a guesthouse and a very long intro by the owner with heaps of info about Santiago we set off to explore.
.
After lunch in a street cafe, with coats zipped right up, we walked to the main square - Plaza De Armes and spent a pleasant afternoon watching artists at work and street performers of all kinds
By 4pm the warm winter sun began to dip and the temperature dropped rapidly. After a quick pizza it was early to bed ready for the next leg of our journey to the Atacama dessert.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Cosy guesthouseCosy guesthouse
Cosy guesthouse

The paraffin heater was very welcome


11th June 2015

So you are chilled out at last!
What an adventure! We need thermals back home too! Know you have prepared carefully so all you have to do is enjoy, keep safe and keep us posted. Have fun!

Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0512s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb