On Our Way


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Santiago Region » Santiago
August 8th 2013
Published: August 8th 2013
Edit Blog Post

THE JOURNEY IS THE GOAL

At last our great adventure to The Andes and beyond has begun. Feverishly backpacks have been packed and repacked but all to no avail, the clothes just don’t fit in that space. Who cares! As long as the money doesn’t run out we will be fine.

Beginning holiday’s feels like you have been holding your breath, racing around, trying to get everything done, and at last you can exhale. A wave of peace, tranquility and most of all excitement overwhelms you.

You now live and breathe in the bubble that is travel.

For the first time Kathy and I are flying Premium Economy. Which isn’t First or Business I know but is surprisingly better than the back of the plane.

For starters the wings are behind us, not far I will admit, but still behind.

Champagne is served before takeoff and the ascent in to the clouds quieter and smoother. Two seats instead of three is all the space will accommodate and legs can be stretched out in front. The curtain is drawn behind instead of in front and one soon realizes we are a little bit more special than the people behind.

I speak these last words in low tones because unfortunately Sue and Keith are with the others. Up the back.

A gourmet lunch is being served and we are being waited on by the hostess just like at a restaurant. Pre drinks are served and then our meals of pork medallions and Thai chicken are served to us on white linen cloth. Washed down with Margaret River Shiraz.

You know things are going well when the hostess returns, addressing Kathy as Mrs. Brown, and enquiring whether her glass needs topping up.

Does it ever!

It is thirteen hours to Santiago and in the course of crossing the International Date Line we will arrive on the same day yet an hour earlier than leaving Sydney. Get your head around that.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



9th August 2013

The only reason you were in front of the wing was that you were looking after the airlines beautiful orange spare tyre
12th August 2013

update!
i keep stalking your profile BUT you haven't put any more posts up. slack father dearest!

Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0455s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb