Making a Virtue of Necessity - Visiting Santiago


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Santiago Region » Santiago
April 17th 2005
Published: August 3rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Heading Home


After nearly a month away from home alone, I was finally on my way back. Getting from Quito to Canberra was not going to be easy. It couldn't be done in one hit unless one went up to Miami, across to LA and then to Sydney, and even then there were some quite long breaks. Another route seemed to end up in the US mid-West for half a day in some city whose name I barely recognised - not enough time to go anywhere, but too long just to hang around the airport without getting horribly bored.

So I had stayed a couple of extra days in Quito, and was now on my way to Santiago for a couple of days before catching a LAN Chile/QANTAS code share flight back through Auckland.

The plan was to stay close to the city centre and have a wander around doing some sightseeing for a day and a half, and then head back out to the airport. Elaine had found a place that looked comfortable without being too expensive, and all I had to do was find get a bus or taxi ride in, avoid trouble while I was wandering about, and get back to the airport the next night in enough time to have a shower and change into clean clothes before departing.

And it was about that simple.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.303s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0541s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb