Update One - The Trip begins


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Santiago Region » Santiago
March 19th 2012
Published: March 26th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Finally an entry. With lack of wi-fi, jet lag and the altitude the opportunities have been limited. All of our flights were late and then with the added bonus of a 7 hour layover in Buenos Aires we finally made it after 30 hours of travel. Ritz Carlton Hotel is luxurious with the added bonus of the availability of the club room which provides us with breakfast, a snack (1-3), cocktails (5-7) and supper (8-10.30). We made full use of this and didnĀ“t spend a cent for the time we were in Santiago.

At this stage our tour group is only 6 with the rest to come and I think we will all meet up in Quito. We went for a tour of Quito by bus and walking made a bit chaotic by university students who have been protesting every Thursday for 7 months for a variety of things including free education, As we saw later on the news that night the demonstrations on this day were resloved with tear gas and water cannon by the riot police. We took a ride on the funicular to see the San Christobel statue which gave us a panoramic view of the this smog ridden city (mostly due to the vally that it sits and the drought).

After leaving Santiago we were off to Quito, Ecuador

Advertisement



26th March 2012

Stage 1
Good to hear you are on your way and slowly getting where you want to be. Take care and have fun. Sue

Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0326s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb