Heading south


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Santiago Region » Santiago
January 6th 2008
Published: January 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Chile


Santiago has been surprisingly warm and huge. I had no idea what a modern and gigantic city this is. We were up on one of the big hills yesterday for the city view and have to say the layout reminded Bob and I of Los Angeles! The air quality is a little hazy, the city is flat with tons of buildings, the Pacific Ocean to the west, mountains to the east etc.

Bobert & I also visited an amazing fish market. There were so many varieties of fish, giant squid and shell fish! I´ll publish some photos on the next blog. The fish guys were terrific to chat with even with our limited conversational Spanish and they wanted us to take photos. There was one man that was skinning and fileting one fish after the other. Very cool.

I am happy to report we are off to Punta Arenas this morning! I have a feeling we will be welcomed with cold weather again and wind. But, as Bob always reminds me we are almost to Anarctica.

We hear the weather has been a horrible in CA. Louis mentioned that the electricity went off at our house and the yard was a mess. We hope all is well in all your homes and that you are safe.

Love to all, Aud

Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0556s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb