Arriving into South America - Santiago first!


Advertisement
Published: February 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

One of famous self-portraits taken on Cerro Santa Lucia in the middle of Santiago.





Some of our favorite experiences in Santiago







Providencia
We stayed at a wonderful hotel in Providencia, Hotel Orly on Av. Pedro de Valdivia. Nice place in a great area of town!



The Funicular
We took a frightening ride up the funicular for a view from Cerro San Cristobal and took a look at the Virgin Mary's view of Santiago from the top. Amazing. A lot of smog, but amazing.
There is an enormous statue of the Virgin Mary at the top watching over the city.



Cerro Santa Lucia
One of our other favorites was Cerro Santa Lucia, a mountain right in the middle of downtown. Beautiful as well. And right next to a great market. Lots of jewelry bargains to be had!

A shot of Kyle making his way to the top.



Plaza de Armas The main square of the city. So much going on.



An Inca scultpture in the square with a father/son team doing a variety show in fron of it.





Schoppdog

There was a cool place right across the street from our hotel called Schoppdog. Basically a hot dog place where you could order your own personal beer tap right to your table!! We were big fans!!! We were trying to figure out where to get one to bring back to Sydney.



D&D

They even had Dunkin Donuts in Santiago. Shocking!! Got to order a Boston Creme in espanol.



Here's the link to our travel map....
http://www.travelblog.org/gmaps/map_2ZC.html




Steph & Kyle xx

PS - Our complete photo album can be found at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/steph_kyle/


Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.007s; cc: 13; qc: 39; dbt: 0.022s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb