Torres Del Paine


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Magallanes » Torres del Paine
March 2nd 2008
Published: March 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Our next venture was the W trek in torres del Paine reserve, or like some people call it ¨Torres of Pain¨. This reserve is as big as the whole tel aviv area full with lakes and mountains.
Like every good israelis we went to hear what Juan has to say about the trek and decided to do the W backwards. This is a 4 day trek with the last two days hiking with full equipment.
The trail was full of people and mostly israelis so we had lots of company and it felt like a high school trip (except the carrying all that weight).

The first day was to the Gray glacier (which was actually blue). It is a 11 km walk (of which yael stopped after nine where Eyal did the rest running) back and forth, total of 22 km that day. It was a great view and although it was a very long day we ended happily in our tent.
The second day was to the french Valley. We skipped most of it as we wanted to shorten the walk of the next day. However the part of the french valley we saw was very pretty (once again yael saw less - but digital camera helped fill in the gaps).
The third day was an all day long with backpacks on the back and took us up to the Torres camp near the Torres which give the park its name. The walk there was with great view as we were walking near lagoons with nice beaches and lovely islands.
The last day started at 5 am as we were hoping to see the Torres colored red with sunrise. However, we were only able to see a flash of red on the Torres as, as soon as the the sun rose a cloud covered it and concealed the sun from the Torres till it was too late. We did have a nice israeli party on the top of the mountain which included tea, cookies and chocolate. The rest of the day was all downhill where at the end we had another feast of remaining food with all the group we met on trek.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Yael carring her loadYael carring her load
Yael carring her load

also Eyal´s mattress - as Eyal´s full with all the other stuff


Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0444s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb