Punta Arenas


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Magallanes » Punta Arenas
March 7th 2008
Published: March 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Punta Arenas is almost in the end of the world.
We went to see penguins, sea lions and sea elephants. The main problem with this plan was the unpredictable weather. The animals are on two islands which are between the pacific and Atlantic ocean and thus the waves are somewhat unpredictable and could cause problems in reaching the islands.

Luckly we ended up with great weather (tfu tfu tfu bli emunot tfelot) and reached the islands on a large speed boat (filled with mostly israelis of course - like everything here).

The first island was Marta which was filled with sea lions and sea elefants on its shore and cormorants birds on its top. The noise was enormous.
The next island was the Magdallena island which was covered with lots and lots of penguins (even more than that) which walked funny, stared at us funny and made funny noises. They are so cute (Yael). This island is considered by the sea lions as a 5 Michelin star restaurant (which explains why there were no penguins on the other island).
We walked for a while with the penguins and took many pictures with all the poses they made. One of the penguins even tried to eat Yael (started with a small bite on her hand and didnt like the meat. guess it is because she doesnt like fish - Eyal).

From here we go back to Puerto Natales and from there to argentina (oh the good food again!!! - Chilean food sucks) and up the Fits Roy mountain (Yes, i convinced her to climb another one.... muhuhuha).


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Us making friendsUs making friends
Us making friends

oops they bite


Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0498s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb