Still Waiting......


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Magallanes » Punta Arenas
November 23rd 2006
Published: November 24th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well, im getting used to this websight now, there isnt much else to do when you are having to continually have to go back to the hotel every 2 hours to check whether it is possible to fly or not. As yesterday, everything is ready, the plane is fueled and loaded with all the cargo, now its just the weather at the other end causing trouble. The base is having quite bad snow flurries and the visibility is down to about a kilometre and the real trouble is the cloud cover. Unfortunately it is just too low for the plane to land safely so yet again we are stood down. This time we have a bit of time to use in the afternoon after the final decision came to stay so a few of us decided to grab a cab and head up to the national park/ski field for a bit of a walk. There was a very animated hostess in the ski lodge trying to get our attention as we ambled through the park who obviously was just chasing us for our $1000 entry fee (about a pound) and once we had coughed up she handed us a map and told us the park shuts in an hour!! oh, and that its a 2 hour round trip. So, speedy boots on and we dashed up the track to the viewpoint of Tierra Del Fuego looking out over the city and then rushed back down get out of the park for 6. Oh, and the 10 k walk back into town.
Well another day utilised, lets try again tommorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

You looking at me?You looking at me?
You looking at me?

Delicacies in the window.
Team FotTeam Fot
Team Fot

L-R, 2 Marks, Tristan and myself


25th November 2006

Sun shines....
Hi Eon, Like the Arty Picture. Gives credance to the saying "The sun shines out of his a...!" Hope the new work is going well.

Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0236s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb