Chile radio


Advertisement
Chile's flag
South America » Chile » Los Lagos » Chiloé Island » Castro
March 14th 2012
Published: March 17th 2012
Edit Blog Post

You know music is probably the only art form that can touch every emotion. You hear a tune and sometimes you can recall every little detail in your life at that time. Some radio shows, Desert Island Discs for example, have survived for years in this premise. Songs that make you laugh, that can make you cry, remind you of your first kiss, and the first time you made love, (of the only time if you were put off by the whole messy business).<br style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal; background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.917969);" />People name their children after their pop idols, cry openly when they pass away and sing their favourite songs in karaoke bars around the world.<br style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal; background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.917969);" />From early man music has been an essential part of our lives. Classical, swing, blues,jazz, punk, rock to name but a few. A fusion of cultures brings new music. Elvis took the blues rooted in the south, put his own style on it and became the most famous man on earth for his time.<br style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal; background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.917969);" />DJ's were born. From Radio Caroline in the UK, to the DJ's I now enjoy, mixing music together and joining them seemlessly. Their music too has made them famous and the clubs they play in. Space, Pasha, Amnesia in Ibiza a good example of this.<br style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal; background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.917969);" />So, music touches our souls and all our emotions. However in the years I have enjoyed listening to and playing music it has never touched my emotions of frustration, irritation and anger.<br style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal; background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.917969);" />Until that is I heard Chile radio.<br style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal; background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.917969);" />You know how frustrating it is when people play songs but not to the end, ( hello Brian at this point, keep up the pressure Ainso) or miss out the intro, or whole sections. Welcome to my world of Chile radio world x 10. I am not sure why but there is a station here where they play only 12 bars of a song and then mix in the next for 12 bars and then repeat endlessly hours and #ing hours.<br style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal; background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.917969);" />It's funny I first heard it on the bus in Punta Arenas and put it down to a daft CD mix, but no, I hear it everywhere. The last time was a little cafe in Puerto Varas.You are listening to a really great song, 'I wish' by Stevie Wonder for example, start tapping your toe or letting it flow and BAM they mix it with a heavy metal song,(equally as good but completely different rythm) 12 bars later and it's Chile band (pipes and stuff) and on and on. I hope you catch my drift here.<br style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal; background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.917969);" />I am endeavoring go get to the root of this. I may fail in my task but it is a mystery to me why Chilean people cannot listen to a tune on this radio station for more than 12 bars. In the end it may just fall into the category of ' this is south America' but as it is not all radio stations thankfully, there must be another reason. I will keep you posted. Disco out.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 32; dbt: 0.027s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb