Day 272 Brazil, Rio de Janeiro.


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil
August 16th 2015
Published: September 1st 2015
Edit Blog Post

Good morning - Afternoon - Night everyone!



The next two days were particularly relaxing for us and not worth 2 separate blog entries. We were asked by the English couple if we wanted to walk around the National Park and see the waterfalls there, but we really couldn’t be bothered, plus once you’ve seen Iguazu falls, there aren’t many more that really compare.



James and Jess came back around 1pm, and said they never made it to the NP as they couldn’t work out which bus went there after the metro. Just as well we didn’t go I guess!! We all decided to go to the San Teresa Sunday markets about 2pm, as apparently they didn’t close up until 18.30. So we caught the metro over there, then walked up the famous Escadaria Selaron steps, carrying on up the hill, which leads into San Teresa area. However we never found the markets…and the locals weren’t sure what we meant L. It was a nice walk though, and we bought some beers to drink on the way.



About 4pm we made it back to Botofogo beach, and sat there for an hour of so with some more beers watching the sun go down.



We cooked a cheap pasta meal in the hostel again, had a few Caipirnhas and then went to bed.



Monday was completely uneventful, cooking cheap, tasty meals in the hostel, writing blogs, enjoying the heat, little walks around Botafogo area to the supermarket or around the streets and many Grimm episodes watched.





Love V&N xx


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0373s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb