Travel Blog Assignment 3, B2


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil
October 6th 2013
Published: October 6th 2013
Edit Blog Post

What does familial structure look like in this country?

http://family.lovetoknow.com/family-values/brazilian-family-values

The traditional family household is husband, wife, and children. When married, the couples are expected to keep contact with their family members. Over decades, women lacked knowledge, were expected to complete their everyday duties, and were expected to bring the family together. Today many Brazilian households have two working spouses. Family is valued allover Brazil, however it is more common to see single parents and divorces. With the changes that have occurred in the Brazilian culture, the family structure has somewhat changed, but the values that encourage close family remains the same. Now when children marry, it is mandated for them to live near by their parents, children are included in adult activities, grandparents are put in nursing homes, and families contribute to the economy.



The norm for families in Brazil are similar to other family structures in other countries. Usually a husband supports the family, the wife unites the family and takes care of household work, and children go to school. Families are expected to live near their family members when married. Brazilian families value family more than anything. It is important to stay together throughout the good and bad.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.218s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0455s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb