Travel Blog 4, B2


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina
November 20th 2013
Published: November 20th 2013
Edit Blog Post

What does Argentina do for the Christmas season?

http://www.countryreports.org/country/Argentina/holidaycalendar.htm

Argentina celebrates Christians in a very unique way. Home decoration consists of presebres, which is a nativity set, and red and white garlands with Christmas boots placed at the door. Although Christmas mainly focuses on Santa Clause and Christmas trees, Argentinian families visit nativity sets of their friends, relatives, and especially cathedrals. The manger stays empty until midnight on Christmas Eve when a family mamber adds Christ child signifying that he has been born. Many children receive gifts on Christmans eve. The Christmas season involves The Feast of the Immaculate Conception held on December 8th. On midnight, mass is held on Christmas Eve. They also celebrate Holy Innocents Day on December 28th. Lastly, they celebrate New Years Day on January 1st.

Argentina follows the traditional Catholic ways during Christmas with the nativity set especially and going to the cathedral on special dates. Argentinians still give out present from Santa Clause. Also, they celebrate New Years on January the first. They decorate their homes with Christmas trees and normal Christmas decorations. The only difference where most people do not do is leaving their shoes in front of their doors so that Saint Nicholas could leave extra gifts as the old folk tale says.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0403s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb