Soccer and Brazil's culture


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil
September 23rd 2013
Published: September 23rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

What role has soccer had in Brazil's culture?

http://www.history-of-soccer.org/history-of-soccer-in-brazil.html

Soccer has been a part of the Brazilian culture since the later 1800's. However, when soccer was introduced it wasn't very popular and the teams were made of mostly foreign English men instead of Brazilians. Soccer in Brazil wasn't a big deal until they made it to their first World Cup in 1930. They didn't make it very far in the World Cup but it made the sport more popular and everyone began playing soccer. Brazil became very involved in soccer especially when superstars like Pele started playing and Brazil won several World Cups. Soccer has become a part of Brazil's culture such that if you ask someone about Brazil soccer is bound to be brought up.

Just as many things become involved, soccer became involved with the many things that make up Brazil's culture. Soccer started out as nothing to the Brazilian's but now its one of their main focuses. Brazil has hosted several World Cups and Olympics due to their interest in the game and certainly also for the tourists it attracts. Brazil has its eye on the 2016 World Cup especially with Neymar on the pitch. Soccer will continuer to be a big part o the Brazilian culture.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0353s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb