Brazil Travel Tips


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil
April 24th 2009
Published: May 10th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Brazil Travel Tips



For those of you heading to South America soon, these should be of help to you. We have only done the south of Brazil from Rio but here they are:

Rio:
At Sugar Loaf Mountain walk up the first part. This means you skip one of the cable cars and it costs half the price from halfway point. Its also a nice half hour trek up the mountain.
Go to a football game at Maracana Stadium. Amazing experience! (And cheaper than a game in Argentina)
Bus to Angra Dos Reis (for Ilha Grande) 3 hrs. Costa Verde Bus Co.

Ilha Grande:
Check the weather first, but if it is good weather this is a little Island paradise just south of Rio. A good place to stop for a few nights en route to Sao Paulo
Bus from Angra Dos Reis to Sao Paulo 8hrs. Reunidus Bus Co.

Sao Paulo:
You really only need 1 night here. I would recommend Lime Time Hostel. Good vibe and in a safe area
Be careful in the city sightseeing - not a particularly safe place. Don’t miss gong to the top of the Santander building to get a great view of the city (free), visit the stock exchange building directly opposite and view the old school trading “pit” (free), see the markets.
Bus to Florianopolis 10 hrs. Catarinense Bus Co

Florianopolis:
The South of the island is very quiet. If thats what you are after maybe spend a night or 2 there. Personally we found the area of Barra de Lagoa had a lot more gong on, and we stayed at a great hostel called Backpackers Share House. Highly recommend.
Bus to Iguassu 16 hrs. Catarinense Bus Co

Iguazu Falls:
Brazil side best for Panoramic view. Stayed at Hostel Natura. Nice, clean hostel on rural property.
Argentina side best for getting up close and personal with the falls. Stayed at Hostel Inn. Resort style backpackers. Very popular.

JOIN HOSTELS INTERNATIONAL as soon as you stay in one of the affiliated hostels. It cost us around 50 Argentinean Pesos each (10 quid) to join at Hostel Inn. Gets you discounts on rooms at any of their hostels, plus any activities they offer. It has already paid for itself many times over!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.197s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0428s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb