A Week in Buenos Aires


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires » Buenos Aires
April 25th 2009
Published: May 10th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Buenos Aires



We stayed in Hostel Obelisco which is right near the main shopping streets. We spent the first afternoon looking for a pair of heels for Bec to hit the clubs with. Clive also bought himself a present.. A laptop! No more waiting in lines at Hostels to use the internet or dealing with Internet Cafe's. Pretty much all the hostels over here have wifi these days.

Hostel Florida, the sister hostel, was hosting a party and then giving transfers to a club called Crobar. We went along to the party at around 10pm, after an awesome steak at a local restaurant. We didnt get to the club until about 2.30am and couldnt believe the club was empty still! But by 4am it was heaving!

We decided we wanted to boost our Spanish so we booked a private course for 4 days - 3 hours intensive per day from 8am. The early mornings meant that we didn't go out much during the week, and we managed to do all of our sight seeing in the afternoons. Main highlights were Recoleta Cemetary (a mini city made up of huge mausoleums), the zoo, Caminita in La Boca (although very touristy and over priced) & a city bike tour which was really good.

On our last evening, Juan who worked at our hostel invited us along to a party he had organised. After a brief stop at Hooters on the way where we tried to master the hula hoops, we arrived at the bar. Juan gave us a free dinner, and some free drinks. Great night out!

We ended up staying in BA for a few more days than anticipated but it is a great city. It has a very European feel to it and there is loads to do during the day or night!




Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Bec and her massive steakBec and her massive steak
Bec and her massive steak

(yes I finished it...!!!!)
Trip to the ZooTrip to the Zoo
Trip to the Zoo

Look closely at the lower region.......
Trip to the ZooTrip to the Zoo
Trip to the Zoo

What happened to his hump?!


Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0411s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb