Iguassu Falls


Advertisement
Published: May 10th 2009
Edit Blog Post

[youtube=EaAgBEJsC3U]

Iguassu Falls



We took an overnight bus which was our longest yet, 16 hours from Florianopolis although the time went pretty quickly as we slept for most of it.

We spent one night on the Brazilian side of the falls at Hostel Natura, which was a very nice clean hostel on a rural property a short bus ride from the falls. We arrived just in time for breakfast which had loads of fruit and different types of cake.. most of the breakfasts in Brazil were really good.

Our first impressions of the falls from the Brazilian side were good, but not as amazing as we expected. It wasnt until we walked further and saw La Gargantua del diablo, the main part, that we realised the magnitude of the falls! Brazil offers great panoramic views of the falls but we only needed half a day to see everything.

One of the guys from the hostel gave us a lift across the border the next morning to Hostel Inn which had been recommended to us. Its a big, resort style, hostel with a huge pool out the front and a large common area. Its meant to be a massive party hostel, but because there is so much space we found it hard to meet people, unlike some of the smaller hostels we have stayed at where there is more interaction with the others. We met one guy, David Solomon, at dinner who happened to be from Perth!! Small world. We organised to meet up with him in Buenos Aires the following day.

The Argentinian side of the falls is spectacular! There are walkways right up to the top of La Gargantua del Diablo where you can actually feel the power of the falls! We also took a boat ride that goes right underneath the falls which was awesome. Luckily we had been warned that you get soaked and so had our boardies / bikini on! It was pretty funny watching others wring out jeans and tshirts after the ride! Definitely recommend this boat ride!

Overall both sides of the falls are worth a view, but its probably best seeing the Brazilian side before heading to the Argentinian side which has more to offer.


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

Cheeky bugger!Cheeky bugger!
Cheeky bugger!

This cheeky little thing stuck its nose into Clives camera bag while he was busy taking photos!


Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0219s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb