Day 265 Brazil, Sao Paulo.


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » São Paulo
August 9th 2015
Published: August 16th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Yo People,



So Vick had listed all the places she wanted to visit in SP, we had done the theater and the art museum the day before, left on the list was the science museum Catavento Cultural e Educacional. This was our main task for the day.



We got the metro into Pedro, and walked to science museum. This was a bit of a hike but as we got closer it looked good; there were loads of people in the local park playing football, which is good to see.



The museum was only a £1 to get in as students, however it’s amazing…if you’re a child!! Everything is in Portuguese and is designed for children to interact with science. We still walked around and played around with things…big kids really!!!



We left and walked back into the main city, we found out very quickly that Sundays is tramps day, they are all around begging. It was a little intimidating so we found a metro and headed back to the hostel, but not before looking at a few shops before heading back to the hostel for lunch. We brought a whole chicken and loads of salad stuff and had a great lunch with enough chicken for dinner that night as well.



In the afternoon we walked to Ibirapuera Park to watch the sunset. The park was packed with skateboarders, BMX riders, and families having BBQ’s and playing football. The water at sunset was really pretty, loads of crazy colors in the sky and water!!! As we were leaving we saw a group of nerds fighting with foam swords like in the film ‘Role Models’. I really wanted to join in!!! It was mainly homeless children and it worked as a family for them to have something to do and to have friends.



In the evening Vick cooked chicken with noodles and veg stir-fry, it was really good; we had a couple of beers and watched another ‘Grimm’ before bed.



Love N&V X


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0287s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb