Day 270 Brazil, Rio de Janeiro.


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro
August 14th 2015
Published: August 17th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Oi,



Today we thought we’d have a relaxing day at the Impanema Beach. So Neil and I caught the metro there, which is a 5 minute walk from the hostel, then a 10 minute journey, then another 10 minute walk to the beach. It’s a bit of a mission but it’s a better beach that the one by our hostel and better than Copacabana beach. Though saying that, we would consider ourselves beach snobs now, and the beaches around Rio really don’t compare many we have been too! The water is to rough and dirty to enter, and the sand has that dirty-sticky feel to it, but we stayed for a few hours sunbathing and then headed back to the hostel via the super market to pick up the cheap ingredients for an avocado, blue cheese and parma ham salad that we love.



The rest of the afternoon was very chilled in the hostel. Again in the evening we cooked in the hostel and drank Cairpirnhas.



I had a call from P&O this morning to discuss an application I had sent off for the Shores and Excursions department, as they have an opening on the Cunard ships, so if all our wishes are met I could be tours on the QM2 with Neil when he joins in October…. I have an interview on Tuesday.



We watched Good Will Hunting in the evening, which is such a good film.



We are still in our 9 bed dorm for £3.30 a night, but it’s been brilliant for the money, we can use the kitchen, we get a free breakfast each morning, and it’s quiet; Neil just finds it a little too hot in the room with only a fan.



Night All



V&N xxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.163s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0684s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb