B5 Travel Blog #3


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro
October 11th 2013
Published: October 11th 2013
Edit Blog Post

What disparity exists between social classes in this country? Does the country do anything to support the poor?

In Brazil, like all countries, there seems to be a social class system which separates the rich from the poor. In other terms, the classes are either upper, middle, or lower. It seems that the social class system goes according to financial/economic standings. Therefore, people with better jobs that make more money, would be considered the upper or higher class, and people who have cheaper paying jobs for a person to barely support for their family to be in the lower class. Sadly, their seems to be a trend of the darker skin colored citizens to tend to be in the lower class, and the lighter skin colored citizens/workers to be in the upper class. Nevertheless, Brazilians respect each other too much as a community/country to be considered racist.

As a result, it is seen that middle and upper class standing workers/citizens are to be lighter skinned, and lower class workers are mainly darker colored skin. Hence, Upper class people tend not to interact with lower class citizens. Additionally, the few times these classes interact, would be when the lower class is working for the upper class people, for such jobs such as maids, drivers, etc. Moreover, although women are close to making half of Brazil's working network (40%!)(MISSING), they usually have jobs more tied with the lower class. Therefore, Brazil can be as a bit sexist towards women and equality in jobs. In Conclusion, Brazil has a social economic class that has women and darker colored workers towards the bottom, and lighter colored skin males towards the top of the classes.



http://www.kwintessential.co.uk/resources/global-etiquette/brazil-country-profile.html

Advertisement



Tot: 0.178s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0897s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb