B5 Travel Blog #2


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro
September 27th 2013
Published: September 27th 2013
Edit Blog Post

In Brazil, What religions are popular, and how were they started/introduced?



In Brazil, located on the East Coast of Southern America, they have many forms of art, song, and religion, since they have been such an old civilization with many immigrants. The main reason Brazil's population has many Christians, is because when the European settlers arrived, they brought their religion too. When the Europeans went over to Brazil, they introduced their religion, by also bringing priest to inform as many people as possible about the religion. The government paid the priests, so you know right away many priests tried going over there and preaching. When arriving, the settlers built many churches, and Catholicism eventually became very popular.

In the 19th Century, Catholicism became Brazil's main religion, so priests were beginning to be paid by the government. 90%!o(MISSING)f Brazil's population has a certain religion, that believe in God; therefore, Brazil is the country with the most Catholics. Three quarters of Brazil, are Catholic. As a result of this, Rio of Janeiro, Brazil has a large monument/statue of Jesus Christ, a very important Catholic figure. Nevertheless, Brazil still has a percentage left that is either a different religion, or do not believe in God at all. Therefore, Brazil is a very religious country, and mainly believes in the Catholic views of God.



http://www.brazil.org.za/religion.html#.UkT4hYZJOAg

Advertisement



Tot: 0.156s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0551s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb