Riooooooooooo!!!


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Rio de Janeiro
February 6th 2006
Published: February 10th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Rio!Rio!Rio!

Looking out over Rio, Sugar Loaf Mountain in the background!
For those of you who have been checking every day, we finally made it! After a 13-hour flight and a noisy group of Swedes 'on tour´ we are now in one of the most beautiful cities in the world!

Not done too much yet, spent a lazy day soaking the rays on Copacabana, and watching a semi-final at the world-famous Maracana stadium, where the frisking security process involves a pat on the chest, a pat on the bum, then a hefty whack into the crown jewels! There´s no need for that....

Today we set for to explore the local area, including a cathedral that resembled an Aztec Temple. The highlight of the walk up to it was Eleni stepping into a steaming, sloshy, infected, fresh pile of dog . Luckily we had on hand 2 fresh COLD bottles of water that we had to waste trying to wipe it off. Half an hour later we found a McDonalds. Big up to them - air conditioning, SOAP!!! and free 15 mins net with any purchase (water). Got to go, photos to come, hello to you all from sunny Rio!

P.S. It´s 40 degrees standard here!


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement

Stairway to HeavenStairway to Heaven
Stairway to Heaven

Do these steps look familiar? First person to post the name of the artist/song in the video of which these steps feature will receive a free postcard! Send us your home address separately if you want ;)


6th February 2006

sand worms
Remember to watch out for the worms!! :-)
12th February 2006

Winning Entry
Hows it going guys? Been checking regulary and very jealous now the pics have gone up - it looks so cool. Snoop Dogg and Pharell - You're beautiful I believe is the song - although I may wrong. Also bit of sad news - I beat AQA today - They couldnt find the amswer to my question, not even a guess. Obviously falling apart without the Ez man
24th February 2006

I'm a bit late.
Yer just read this after ur reminder email as had forgotten what this website was. Stu ur guess is correct, surely you remember me sininging it big time.

Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 65; dbt: 0.0575s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb