Hang gliding and Footy!


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Rio de Janeiro
January 18th 2006
Published: January 24th 2006
Edit Blog Post

In an insane moment we decided to do a hang glide off Pedra Bonita, a cliff standing 510m high over Rio.
We were paired with different instructors and received approximately 30 secs training on how to run off a cliff!!!
With our hand on the left shoulders of the glider and our bodies strapped to the kite we then individually ran off a mini ramp, and experienced an amazing glide down onto Pepino beach!
As you can tell from these pics, Andrea was having a whale of time!
Ann Marie, was a tad bit nervous as her grip suggests!

Yay! Football at last! and where better than Brazil??
Ann Marie finally managed to drag Andrea out to her first football game, and it was with two of Rios local teams, Vasco and Madureira, for a pre-season tournament held at the Estadio Sao Januario.
Cheering on Vasco with thousands of others we instantly got caught up in the Brazilian passion for the game!
The crowd were buoyed by the beating of samba drums and dancing even before kick off.
Vasco is home to Brazilian legend Romario, wearing number 11, and still playing at the age of 40-plus! Although he clearly decided that running for the ball is no longer in his contract!
The game was exciting and an enjoyable experience, and with Vasco winning 3-1, the majority left in happy spirits!





Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



22nd January 2006

Bloody hell
The handgliding looks amazing!!! You two are definitely having the time of your lives....while the rest of us are waking up to grey skies and going off to work...i'm not bitter!!! Keep safe. Jay xx
22nd January 2006

F**king MAD!
Hand gliding...you two feel the need to experience near death?
23rd January 2006

GLIDING
You managed to hand glide all the way to the football pitch? well done! :))
17th February 2006

where are u?
where are you now??? i'm waiting for another instalment of the Rea and Ann Marie show! xx
19th February 2006

Som 'a dat
Oh yes girls live life to the fullest. The Hang Gliding looks awesome! Gonna look to see if I can find a place in the UK. Wont be as nice (sceneary wise), but I'm sure it will be blinding!!
16th April 2006

Where's Ann?
Rumour is she was supposed to be back in the Uk beginning of April...

Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.031s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb