A long one to get us started!


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Rio de Janeiro
December 29th 2005
Published: December 29th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday 27th December



Sat in the departure lounge waiting for my flight to Rio de Janeiro. It´s sat outside, a beautiful big jumbo. And what an ordeal just getting this far! First, BA had to prove how British they are by having the longest queue in the world... ever, volume 3, disc 2... Then, the ´plane is at gate 25, the very last, farthest gate in all of terminal 4. Nice. Ah well, hopefully soon we´ll be up, up and away!

Wednesday 28th December



On the way to Rio the ´plane stops to drop some people off in Sao Paulo. On the flight in, all i could think was ¨FU*K ME, what a big-arsed fu*king city¨! It is HUGE. High rises as far as the eye can see, and probably beyond! Then we make the short 35 minute hop to Rio. RIO BABEY YEAH!!! On the transfer to the hostel you drive past a LOT of favelas (slums). It´s a little shocking, even when you´re expecting it. Then we go through a big long tunnel, and on the other side there´s no slums, what few clouds there were are gone, it´s all sugar loaf, christ the redeemer, and beautiful. Spectacular, in fact. So I´m at the hostel now, chilling out and recovering from the flight. I may make a trip to the beach in a while, and find something to eat.

Headed down to the beach, had my first Caipirinha, and a fruit salad! Lots of beautiful women in the skimpiest of bikinis. Still getting used to things at the moment though. Everyone on the beach seems to be trying to sell you something. So when attractive young ladies are turning around to smile at you and blow kisses at you, are they just very friendly, is it the so-called ¨gring effect¨I´ve heard so much about already, or are they just trying to sell you something too?...

Been for something to eat with some guys from the hostel, Paul and Joe. Went to a traditional Brazilian pay-per-kilo place, called 668, where you literally pile your plate with whatever you want, and the they weigh your plate and charge you accordingly. It means you end up with a load of beautifully cooked slices of finest beef, all kinds of other meats in various sauces, and top it off with the things you know are expensive, like quails eggs and freshly prepared sushi!! My plate was piled high and came to 17.41 Reals. That´s about 3-4 quid.

Nop pics yet, couldn´t be arsed, quite frankly. Going on an all-day beach party tomorrow, a boat to 3 beaches outside Rio, with allfood and drinks thrown in. Then there´s talk of VIP entry to a club this evening, with free champagne and all sorts!!! Sweet.

Laters!



Advertisement



29th December 2005

Hmmm the Brazilian
You Certainly don't waste any time do you! Sounds like you're having a ball. You have to ask yourself one very important question "Does it really matter why all the girls are blowing you kisses?" They're kisses just the same Well I'm engaged! Mia said "Yes" whilst we were in Oslo (Harbour Front near the old castle) No doubt really!! Cue a very nice engagement dinner and lots of talk about marriage!! (shit, what have I got myself into?) So, Billy me old mate, looks like you'll be having some highly important duties in the not so distant future. Take it easy dude Simon
30th December 2005

Good beginning
Glad it started off so well. Are you sure you weren't standing next to some hunky Australian surfer dude when kisses were blown? Have sent you an e-mail. Have fun and take care.
30th December 2005

Brazilian Beauties eh...
I hope you will soon be corrupting all the Brazilian beauties in your unique way!
31st December 2005

see you very soon!!!
aah Billy im so jealous... Beach parties in the middle of winter! if only England had the climate. Well... good news, ive decided to ditch uni and any hope of a future career to come and enjoy Brazil (but may leave the brazillian beauties to you and find myself an affordable young man!) Glad you've made a good start and look forward to seeing the pics!

Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 16; qc: 68; dbt: 0.0775s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb