Chillaxing by the pool


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Rio de Janeiro » Copacabana
February 17th 2010
Published: February 23rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Well today me and Fi planned to take full advantage of the roof top sun-bathing area to make the most of the gorgeous sunshine. After we ate breakfast we went to the supermarket to pick up some food for a lunch time picnic in our room. We had planned to make our own sandwedges so it would save on expenses and also we coule stay in our close to the sun.

We made our way up to the roof just before midday, to our surprise we were the only people there. So we had the pick of the sunbeds. After a couple of hours of reading and listening to music we took a break from the heat to eat our little picnic lunch in our room.

We went back to try and get ourselves looking bronse. At around 5ish we decided we better call it a day in the sun. Our ambitions to go a nice brown colour we met with the realisation that we had infact gone a bright red colour. Me especially! I was resembling the Tango man. They do say however no pain, no gain!

We had decided that we would walk down the main commercial street as Fiona wanted to treat herself to a brand new pair of Havainas. After a while of walking and looking through shops we arrived at a place called Yogaberry. Here you could get a pot of natural youghurt with pretty much any flavour imaginable. From gummy bears to real fresh fruit. It was amazing and not my favourate treat just beating the McFlurrys. We did eventually arrive at the Havaianas shop were Fi got another pair of flip flops.

Now we were both hungry for dinner so we walked back along the seafront to find a nice restuarant . We saw a bar called Devassa and managed to get sat down with menu's, however after a good 20 minutes and not being served to I was very dissappointed in the lack of service, so much so that we walked out and into the next restaurant. It so happened to be a pizzeria, which for me was a good thing as you all know my love for italian food - i think i am about 2 pizzas away from actually having an italian passport.

We had a nice meal with good service which made it all that bit better. Me and Fi also had a strawberry Caipririnha together which is the local alcoholic drink. After the meal we strolled along the beach front together which was nicely lit up at night. After a nice walk we eventually ended up at our hotel where we called it a night.

Tommorow we are back leading the travelling lifestyle and have a hostel booked still in Copacabana. Let's hope for some more nice weather so we can enjoy the beach.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0435s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb