Oceano Tuesday - But not the old university night out


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Rio de Janeiro » Copacabana
February 16th 2010
Published: February 23rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

We finally checked out of our 1970's Fawlty Towers esc hotel. About time too after the one of the worst nights sleeps ever. It so happened that our air conditioning broke just before we were going to bed, therefore turning the room into a sauna. The heat kept me and Fi waking up throughout the night. To top of the experience someone had flooded there room next to us so that we had a little lake in our room in the morning. We were not really bothered at this moment as we were both thinking purely of the hotel that was awaiting us in Copacabana.

With having our backpacks we decided it would be easier and quicker to get a taxi to take us across town. Well thats what we thought when getting into the taxi but we did not expect the blocca (street party) to be on the road to Copacabana. This brought about a slight delay as we had to work out a way around the party. The way onto the main highway was then blocked off so our taxi driver had to think on his feet again and we ended up going for a taxi tour around Rio.

The ten minute drive turned into a half hour struggle, but we arrived at our hotel. We had about an hour to kill before the check in time of 2pm so we went for some lunch to a grill buffet place around the corner. It was a buffet with a difference as you paid per kg. So after putting food on our plate it would get weighed. Crazy concept but they did do some really nice food. Fi was happy as the puddings we ¨amazing¨, she even got to experience her first tast of sushi. But was not too much of a fan.

After lunch it was time to check in to the hotel. We quickly got settled into our room and within five minutes we were up on the roof top enjoying the afternoon sun next to the pool. I must be honest to call it a pool was being generous as it was only just bigger than the jacuzzi they also had next to it. But the pool did provide the perfect oppurtunity to cool down when we got too hot.

After a few hours in the sun I explained to Fi and suggested that it was probably best to go downstairs as i had had too much sun. It was obviously a coinsidence and came as a huge surprise when i saw Manchester United versus AC Milan just about to kick off on the hotel room tv. It was fair to say this would provide the entertainment for the next couple of hours.

What a game it was as well, United played great and ended up winning 3-2. It was at this stage where Fi was on hand to remind me of the promise I made when AC Milan scored first. I said if United were to win then dinner was on me! I was in great spirits and decided it would be romantic to have a meal on the beach front in a nice restaurant. Fi enjoyed a steak whilst I had the beef. It was a nice relaxed atmosphere by the sea front and the perfect dining conditions.

After we finished the food we decided to go back to the room where we ended up watching a film snuggled up together before falling asleep before the ending - I hate it when that happens!!!



Advertisement



23rd February 2010

Ahhhhhh
This one's even more romantic than the last one! lol xxxxxxxxxxxx

Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.051s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb