Ilhe Grande


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Ilha Grande
October 10th 2007
Published: October 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hey Folks!

Brendon was being unkind about everyone on the tour, it´s just the average age was a little bit older than wee expected and there was defo too much gore tex for our liking (you know the type). But turned out everyone was cool, even the big German guy who came across as a twat turned out to be a great laugh, he even pulled a Brazillian girl about 10 years younger than him and we've arranged to meet up with a few people that were on the tour when we get to Oz.
After leaving Rio we went to an island called Ilha Grande (large island) off the coast of Brazil. This place is amazing, they have no cars and the police kick about on golf buggies, it's like taking a step back in time. It's very beautiful. We stayed in little bungalows that had hammocks on the porch and we ended up spending hours on these reading and sleeping, absolute bliss it was. It wasn't all relaxing though we did a 4 hour hike to the beach on the other side of the island 2 hours there and 2 hours back, phew! It was tough in the baking heat especially when you are trying to keep up with the gore tex crew. At least they got us up and out everyday doing things though.
We met a Brazillian Kieth Richards in Ilha Grande, a Brazillian hippy who was out of his mind and was complete with beads in his hair and i got his life story. He was an interesting guy who lived in the US for a while and learned English and earned money to support his family back in Brazil.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0463s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb