Hang Gliding in Rio


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Rio de Janeiro » Rio de Janeiro » Ipanema
October 10th 2007
Published: October 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Alright people

I know you have not heard from us in a while, we are still alive and well but have just been to busy enjoying ourselves. We have loads to report so here we go.

Big shitbag brendon finally grew himself a pair and went hang gliding over Rio which was amazing, We got picked up in the morning and driven up through the mountains that over look rio till you reach the very top and you are that high, the buildings look like small lego pieces.
The guy then gives you all your gear to put on ( I thought Brendon looked like a ninja turtle in his gliding outfit, Karen x) and gives you a run through which consisted of "you hold onto me and when i say run, you run as fast as you can and never stop"
We then walk onto this platform at the edge of this cliff which looks like a mini runway and he counts to three and says run and at that point my legs were saying "FUCK OFF" but off we went and it was an amazing experience, you glide over rio, then over the sea for a while then land on the beach. I bought the dvd so you can all get a laugh when we get back.
Our last night in ipanema me and karen instigated a vodka party for the entire hostel which ended up quite crazy and the same night a local guy that i had chatted to a few times (mainly about celtic) invited us to a street bbq which was a great laugh as you just chip in for the food and take your own drink and in the end it got really busy as anyone that passed by would stop for a drink. The next day we were starting our organised trip from Rio down to Buenos Aires, we were to meet our group in copacabana and when we did they were not quite what we were expecting but thats another story altogether.


Advertisement



12th October 2007

my son the superhero
Now all of you wonderful people who believe that this was a walk in the park for brave brendon need to know that the highlight of Brendon's life in terms of a thrill ride has always been riding on the donkeys at blackpool beach!!! Hasn't my boy come a long way. Karen, you just look like you haven't a care in the world and so happy and relaxed in all your photos. To see the two of you so happy makes missing you just that little bit easier to suffer xxxxxxx

Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 22; dbt: 0.018s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1018.6kb