fast week


Advertisement
Published: March 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

its hard to believe its already saturday nite. this week went by incredibly fast.
we´ve been working long days but the productivity has been really great. the team is just so ready to get in there and get busy.
all the tile work was done before we got here and after just 2 days the guys have managed to get almost the entire house grouted.
its working alot better this time since alex brought along a trowel*spelling* and sponges making it so much easier than the first year, when he was given half a flip flop to do all the grouting.

I´ve been busy already with loads and loads of laundry, the lethbridge team knew that there was access to laundry facilities so they decided to bring only a carry on for personal items. that way they were able to bring 2 full bags of clothes and other supplies for chain of love.
it was awesome to see the load of stuff that was brought here, and I really dont mind at all having a job.

the kids have grown so much in a year its amazing. there are about 8 new kids since last march and its been so great to see how well they are adapting to their new lives.

today we went into the mountains to a town called gramado, we had a great lunch and got some time to do some shopping.

the missionary and his wife that started chain of love have arranged for a clothing distrubition for tomorrow. there are some families in desperate need that have started to attend the church so this will be a great out reach.

the death toll continues to rise for the cockroaches, they really dont have a chance against my hubby... he is definately on a mission, and sprays faithfully every nite.

hope all is well at home, please drop us a line, we are missing everyone.
Laura & Alex
p.s. we really will try to get some photos posted so we can show some of the work that is getting done!

Advertisement



24th March 2007

Hello you Brazilian bloggers, you!!
So good to hear all is going well - we are praying fast and furious for you! If you are sending blessings and prayers for every cockroach, LB, we will all be well covered in prayer as well!!
24th March 2007

How rude!!
The blogging police must have punted me because that last message sent before I was done! Just wanted to let you know how good it is to hear you sounding happy and full of purpose! Give those kids some "sugar" from all of your friends back home - tell them that your Canadian friends love them! And we love you, too!! Now, get back to work!! Love, P.
25th March 2007

proud
I am so proud of Alex too!! And jealous that you have such a brave husband!! He can come with me on my next trip and kill cockroaches. I have yet to have an incident but would like to be well prepared if the situation ever arises!!

Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 5; qc: 51; dbt: 0.046s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb