Stop 6: Iguaz'ooh' Falls (Brazil: done, Argentina: begun)


Advertisement
Published: September 13th 2010
Edit Blog Post

A whole series of waterfalls sitting on the border between Brazil and Argetina, the Iguazu Falls are even more amazing and spectacular than we imagined. After seeing many photos from friends who have been, we knew that they were pretty impressive, but nothing can prepare you for the sheer scale of them. 

We spent time on both the Brazilian and Argentine sides of the falls as we were told 'Brazil has the panorama, Argentina has the falls'... Or as they each say respectively 'our side is better'! 

It would seem both offer a different view and experience and we had a brilliant time in each. Although it is true that in Argentina you can get more up close and personal with the falls... In a boat! We got completely soaked as we sped down the rapids and 'had a little shower' as our driver liked to put it in the waterfall! Brilliant fun yes, but we did wish the sun had come out when we were stood at the bus stop twenty minutes later, cold and wet! Steve swears he now knows why the word squelch was invented! 

So, after nearly a month in Brazil we have started the next leg of our journey... Argentina! We had a fabulous time in Brazil (see our favourite things.. And by 'our' read Ellie's), but we would be lying if we said we weren't relieved to be in a country where we (by we once again read Ellie) speak the language, and where we can order a glass of wine without paying through the nose or leaving our tastebuds at the door! 

The best things about Brazil (in no particular order). 
1. The beaches 
2. Fruit juices 
3. Caipirinhas
4. The People (unless they fall into the category of those who look like they want to mug you!) 
5. Samba


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

More More FallsMore More Falls
More More Falls

Just a taster of these magnificent falls.
ToucanToucan
Toucan

We promise this is real (although it was in a bird park)


13th September 2010

Damp hair means frizzy hair
After your experience at the falls...... well, NOW I understand why you needed those second best hair straighteners. An essential for any girl caught under a waterfall. Mum xxx
16th September 2010

ah!
This place was on a documentary I was watching the other day. Yes my friends! I don't need to go on fantastic adventures, I'm having them here, in Brixton from the comfort of my sofa...Pablo says hi.

Tot: 0.186s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 12; qc: 53; dbt: 0.1341s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb