Wonderful Iguazu Falls


Advertisement
Published: March 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hola mis amigos!

So the last time we wrote we were embarking on a bus journey to Sao Paulo. this was our first long haul bus jouney and was surprisingly comfortable. Seats were like arm chairs and reclined almost fully back, so a bit better than your average 'National Express'. Even had a couple of movies on the way, which were probably the worst movies we have ever seen! We didn't have the best introduction to Sao Paulo due to being ripped off by our cab driver who decided to turn off the cab meter half way through the journey, you know the rest.......hello Sao Paulo! Fortunately things got a bit better the next day and we enjoyed exploring some of the cities more fashionable areas, Jardin and the Central City area. We thought that it would have been nice to spend more than one night as it had a very cool vibe to it, but we had already booked a ticket to Iguazu Falls for that evening. Caught another night bus and '16 hours' later arrived at Foz do Iguazu the gateway to the falls.......

Spent 2 days exploring the both the Brazilian and Argentinian sides of the falls. Both were spectacular in their own way. The Brazilian side gave you full panoramic views of the falls, whereas on the Argentinian side you were right on top of it and at one point even in it! We took a boat ride which cruises the river before drenching you under the falls themselves - very exhillerating and wet! Stayed at a great hostel just a few km from the park, were right in the middle of nowhere in an area of land surrounded by a river, lakes and various farm animals. Was a really lovely tranquil spot to relax for a couple of days and make the most of the amazing 'home cooked' dinners provided by the hostel owners aunt. This was just the tonic before our next leg when we cross into Argentina and sample city life in Buenos Aires, more on that soon......

Take care all!
Lou and Lee
x


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



20th March 2009

You are making my travel bug itch....
Lou, great blog, and you know you are making me (and Anna) insanely jealous..... Have a great time, and savour every moment.....

Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0469s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 8; ; mem: 1.1mb