Bonito, Brasil


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Mato Grosso do Sul » Bonito
July 24th 2011
Published: July 24th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Oi Amigos!

Today is already my last night in Bonito (close to the border to Paraguay) before I head to Rio tomorrow. Bonito is..really bonito :-) Loads of caves with cristal clear water, Rio de Prata and Sucurri (rivers!) also with greenblue water where you can snorkel and see many different fishes and for example the canyon with the Aras (parrots) But as the guy in the public swimmingpool area just said today: in Bontio nothing is for free. That means that nearly everything has to be organised with a special tour guide and is therefore very touristic. Very well organised but expensive and not so original. The first day I went to this cave ( Grota do Azul ) which was impressive but not immensely spectacular and yesterday we went all day snorkelling in Rio da Prata (Prata means silver and comes from the color of the stones and fishes in this river which are reflected silvery). I have never seen such clear water in my life (not even on the Galapagos Islands) so this was nice. Although the biodiversity on the Galapagos Islands is of course thousand times bigger and much more spectacular. Today Clement (a guy from France) and me wanted to do something cheaper ( as also the hostel is very expensive..although also very, very good I have to say - especially the huge breakfast :-)) so we went to this public swimmingpool which is natural as well..and cost us still 15 Reais, which is about 7 Euros..but at least we had loads of sun today ( the first time since Iguacu) and could go sunbathing and swimming. And I tried some weird but good fruitshakes. What else to say? I am still impressed how clean and well organised everything in Brasil is. They recycle more than the Germans, all the touristic places and tours are so well figured out and they all are very punctual as well. And: everything is super modern! And the Brasilians really are mostly always happy - and they love to sing. Today there was a group of guys in the swimmingpool and one of them had a guitar and a very good voice and so they entertained everyone for free and themselves had loads of fun as well...I love that country ;-)

Need to cook some veggies now..and drink a cerveja - after 20km with the bike today :-)

xx Janine




















































































































































































Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0519s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb