Day 12 ... Fortaleza, Brazil


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Ceará » Fortaleza
January 31st 2016
Published: January 31st 2016
Edit Blog Post

High antics on the high seas yesterday as we crossed the Equator. We were not thrown in the pool, nor covered in cream, baked beans or spaghetti as some were! Mostly new officers and cadets were introduced to King Neptune to undergo the ceremony but also the Captain literally threw himself into the fun too. We got our certificates without going through anything more difficult than sitting by the pool watching all the action. There was an amazing 3 miles of water beneath us at that point.

Today we are in Fortalenza, Brazil. A large sprawling city the 5th largest in the country. It reminded me of India with fewer people. I was told all the graffiti and dilapidated buildings etc. are typical of South American cities. There was a very pretty theatre, and newly constructed flavela areas taking over the old shanty towns, some beautiful beaches...lots of people out dining at fish restaurants on the beach and a very modern cruise terminal ....they desperately want (and need) tourists. An interesting introduction to the continent. Tomorrow another day at sea as we cruise south along the east coast of Brazil to our next port Macedonia.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



31st January 2016

I saw the beaches when the world cup was on Gary Lineker recommended them aswell x
31st January 2016

I saw the beaches when the world cup was on Gary Lineker recommended them aswell x
1st February 2016

Hi
Yes, we passed the hotel where they all stayed....in the best part of the town xx

Tot: 0.25s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0313s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb