First Week in Brazil


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Ceará » Fortaleza
October 1st 2008
Published: October 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post





Fortaleza is the Capital of Ceara', situated on the north east of Brazil.....it's hot all year round, the beaches are beautiful and I can't wait to experiment the night life...Adrian should arrive tomorrow, hopefully will manage to stand up and have some fun too....

Just in case you don't know, Adrian is old and has back pain these days but even than He's leaving tonight from London and should be here tomorrow, I will go and collect him with a wheel chair...just in case...


The food in Brazil is great, Jana and myself have been to few restaurants around Fortaleza where I could experiment some traditional dishes that are incredibly testy such as:

TAPIOCA , It's difficult to explain as it's different from anything I have ever eat before. It's a type of processed flour that once is cooked looks like a white pancake, you can than roll it up with anything you want (meat,fish,cheese, etc...)

PAO DI QUEJO : It's a snack with cheese...

COSCIGNA: some kind of meet ball...

but also fruits that I have never seen before such as

Frutta du Conte, Acerola, Caju and Sapoci....I'll attached few pictures...

So far I have spent few days in different beaches around the area, my favorites are Futuro Beach and Beach park, both very pretty, you can eat very fresh lobsters, crabs and all types of fish for a very small amount of money...




Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

FortalezaFortaleza
Fortaleza

this is CAJU...Batida di Caju is wonderful
FortalezaFortaleza
Fortaleza

Acerola...you can do a very good juice with it...
FortalezaFortaleza
Fortaleza

Big Green one is Abacate, the one in the middle is my favorite Fruit du conte, the yellow one is Maracuja and the green/yellow is mamo papaya.


Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0433s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb