In Olinda and Counting the Days


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Bahia
March 2nd 2005
Published: March 2nd 2005
Edit Blog Post

1/3 Bussed back to Natal, then onto Recife and Olinda today. Another colonial town. We arrived in the late afternoon and strolled about the Old Town. It looked brilliant at night, lit up with amazing lighting and streamers filling all the streets. Had another fish dinner, with beeries, then tottered home via the creperie. Theyre big on crepes and the melted choccy, icecream ones are absolutely divine.

2/3 Went waling with Caz and Daniel through the upper city this morning. The markets are all situated on hills near the cathedrals and provide fabulous views across Recife and Olinda.
The Olinda section is much prettier at night. There are the usual colours and buildings but their night lighting was exceptional.

The Contemporary Museum had incredibly good graphite pieces and down the street we found another gallery of a photojournalist with 30 years of his photos. Last night when we passed hed been doing a presentation.
Back to the Creperie for dinner, then onto another night bus. Everybody wants their own space at the moment and were slowly winding town and getting really tired and what could be worse.... they showed a hugh grant movie!!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0338s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb