Salvador


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Bahia » Salvador
November 24th 2007
Published: November 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

I had a little trip up to Salvador to see the North Part of Brazil to get a taste of a different side of Brazil and see a differnet part of its culture. Also it was a good excuse to meet Miss Morgan!

I was not disappointed in getting a differnet taste that the north had to offer. Salvador is a really beautiful place with many things to see but unfortunatley the city also suffers from 88% unemployment which also gives it a unsavoury side. With a lot of derelict and run down areas inhabitted by the very poor. But again on the other side i met some fascinating locals including one guy called Louis who gave me and Morgs a 2 hour lesson on Salvador and useful tips.

While i was there i really enjoyed the historical part of the city which is photo enthusiasts dream! along with a small Island just a 40minute boat ride to get across to and it is like a little paradise. In the Evening Salvador has real carnaval atmosphere with Drums being banged and people dancing in the streets till the early hours so dont expect much sleep if your right outside one! But great fun it has to be said.

Really glad i made the 25hr bus journey up there as it really gives you an authentic feel of Brazils past and present.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0515s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb