Buenos Aires


Advertisement
Argentina's flag
South America » Argentina » Buenos Aires
November 23rd 2007
Published: November 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

We have been in BA for 6 days and nights now and we have all been overwhelmingly impressed with the place. As trivial as it may sound we have to tell you about the quality of steak out here, it costs nothing and is better than anything in the UK. We have been royaly pigging out on the stuff and Danny may even break the 10st barrier at this rate!!!

But on to more important things....... On the first day we went to Recolta, where the celebrity cemetery is located, which was dead good!!!....... Obvioulsy the biggest attraction at the cemetery is the Grave (i say grave, graves are more like little houses) of Evita. But as you will see from the photos, hers is quite modest in comparison to some of the others! After looking at the cemetery we decided to have a wander through Recoltas parks and its affluent area. Sipping our drinks next to the the locals puffing on their cigars and blowing it out into the summer breeze while having their shoes polished (what would Che say!). In one of the parks there is a giant metallic rose which opens and closes with the sun set and rise and is a magnificiant mondern monument in the back drop of BAs many classic statues it beholds (love their chaps on horses)!!

Another part of the city we visited which again is beautiful was Palermo. After wandering around its many gardens in bloom and pretending to push one another in its lakes and streams we were challenged to a game of football with some local lads. Obviously the three lions came out on top (unlike the shower of shite back home) it was a close affair at the start but then the English class shone through and even Craig grabbed a goal!! But it was all good natured and we had a really good laugh with them...... the dirty diegos!!

Also in BA there is a really lively nightlife! We which fully embraced much to our detrment the follwing day. This is because the clubs dont get going till 2to3am out here. The place that stood out was a place called Milion which is an old converted mansion that is now a bar. You can wander throught the old house with its many rooms or just sit outside in its picture perfect garden! Then on the other side of the coin we went to a night called club 69 which is a little different. With Tranies galore and local amiegos raving away to their beloved electro beats! But nonetheless the place has a real freindly vibe and was enjoyed by all!

Also as you will see from the photos we decided to go to the Zoo! Which turned into a full day excursion as it was more impressive than i think we expected and also you can get the best ice cream in Argentina! Dannys Fave were the bats, twice as cool as Batfink and nearly as smooth as Adam West!! Jakes were the Meerkats and he could be heard on numerous occasions going aaarrrrrr!!!! Craigs were the Zebra as it reminded him of his fave joke.... whats black and white and eats like a horse............

Also had a trip down to La Boca which to be honest is nice but has been firmly ruined by tourism and the area around La Boca is a little dodgy. But it is still worth a look just to see the brightly coloured buildings and Boca Juniors Stadium!

Tomorrow we are off to Uruguay to visit Montivideo and Punto del Este catching the ferry across at 8am so its an early night for us!

Hopefully get to update the blog there to let you know about U R GAY (H.Simpson, sometime in the 90s)

Love BB x



Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 12; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0429s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb