Paradise found ..............


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Bahia » Morro de São Paulo
February 20th 2007
Published: March 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

After 5 days of fabulous carnival chaos and musical thunder of Salvador we were glad to make our way to the peaceful island retreat of Morro do Sao Paolo, off the Bahia coast of Brazil. We hadnt booked the high speed catamaran that takes just over two hours to get there and so were faced with a comical 6 hour multi modal journey that included 2 boats, a prehistoric coach and wheelbarrow!. The journey was hot, humid, slow etc but well worth it. This island is stunning - miles of sandy beaches, no vehicles except for the odd van provided by possadas as transport, bikes and wheelbarow taxis!!!!
Our hotel was in the remotest part of the island and the trip to and from the main village in the hotel VW van was a real bone shaker. Tarmac hasn´t reached these parts yet! The beachside bars were great and we enjoyed a lovely moqueca meal in this fishing village we walked to a few miles away (careful to avoid the coconuts dropping on our heads - oh it's a hard life :-))

Great accommodation at Anima - our very own bungalow with inquisitive monkeys and bolshy blue shelled crabs for neighbours. The hamocs were pretty comfy too and were right on the beach and in the middle of a mini jungle, what a way to escape.

Our time here has been magical. Difficult packing the rucksack to move on to Buenos Aires .................


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0415s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb