into the wild...(for me anyway)


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Bahia » Lençóis
December 12th 2010
Published: December 12th 2010
Edit Blog Post

I had a fantastic time relaxing in salvador, the city had everything i love beaches, football, music, dancing and of course beautiful people! The hostel we stayed in was like a home and the guy that ran it was russell a manchester bloke so he became our source of information throught out the stay, the language barrier is still pretty hard at times, i find myself having a mental block when ever i attempt any sort of portuguese. However i must try and crack a few phrases by the end of this month. The hostel was great for meeting people, it was pleasant to meet such an assortmont of people, we were the only brits bar the boss and it was interesting to debate at dinner over our free caphrinas! We were really lucky that during our stay we got to a street party in the city, basically free party with all different types of brazilian music and dance. We ended up following some brazilian girls from the hostel into the mass of people and got right involved, it was full of energy and the brazilians know how to party! we joined in some dancing around the cobbled streets and this memory will be one i will treasure. becuase the area gets a bit dodge after 11pm we had to leave the party early but as we stand out as three idiots aboard with no portuguse we thought it best to get back.
After spending a few more relaxing around salvador, i was really into the african history and culture and really enjoyed learning more about the history of the city. (the history geek in me).
We then headed off into the wild, bascially everyone had told us about a national park about 6 hours from salvador, and 6 hours is nothing in terms of travel around here so we decided to try out the stupid walking shoes and get a bit dirty with nature.
The town we staying in is called Lencois and its a beautiful old mining village that has been restored and turned into a base for exploring the national park. The park used to be full of diamonds and we did attempt to find a few in the river but alas to no avail. we took several trips into the park, a full account will follow as it bcame a comedy of errors! but all is good and i am throughly enjoying this travelling lark! good times

Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0343s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb