rain,sunburn, mud and lots of laughs


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Bahia » Lençóis
December 13th 2010
Published: December 13th 2010
Edit Blog Post

so we arrived at our hostel in the early hours of the morning and promptly fell to sleep, really sound of the owner rodrigo as techincally we had not paid for the beds. after a couple of hours of kip, rosie decided to head out on an over night trek into the wild. obviously i was not up for this, especially when over breakfast one the guides began to talk about the snakes he would go out to find, it seems this is some local past time but it freaks me right out! rosie headed out and me and tasha decided to have a wonder around the village and then just see what to do. after sucessfully managing the ATM seriously in brazil its like doing the kypton factor to get money out of the things. we asked rod which way was the mud slide which sounded like my sort of fun! rod walked us up the village and gave us some ramblings in portuguse, i checked if it was all godd i had my havannas on and he was like yeah no problem. so off we went with our bags, it was so hot and the roads were pretty steep and muddy but we kept going, we asked for some directions here and there, tasha did well as usual i grinned like an insane person, i think the locals must think i have some special needs and the girls are my support workers! so after about 40mins through the jungle like path it begn to rain and at first we were like cool, this is refreshing i was swaeting like a pig and welcomed the cool down......until the rain turned into a storm and our little jungle path became a stream of muddy water. at first this ws fun scrabbling over rocks and getting a bit dirty, but then i began to panic about the threat of snakes...dont you know anaconda like the water, i was wanding through muddy jungle water and all i kept thinking was how this was my worst fear. tasha was a star and to help me along we sang, in the hope of scaring the wildlife away. after what seemed like ages we came across a mud hut with a lovely brazilian guy, he took pitty and gave us a towel and some time to dry off. at this point i was seeing the funny side of our adventure. as we made our way back inot the village the locls laughed at us as we looked like we had been having a great time at the mud slide, little did they know we had not even reached it!
rod was very happy to see us alive as he had sent the two gringo girls into the wild in havannas during a storm, great!
the next day we played it safe and went on an organised tour which was fab, pretty hrd work for me. lots of climbing up rocks with my short legs but saw some fantastic sights. in all very much enjoying this brush with nature. the stupid walking shoes are being used.
unfortuatley i got real bad sun burn when going up one the mountains in the national park so today am nursing blistering on my back....but still have a fab time xxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0676s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb