sorry already rubbish!


Advertisement
Brazil's flag
South America » Brazil » Bahia » Salvador
December 4th 2010
Published: December 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

so i have already completely lost all concept of time and date, but i know that i am offically rubbish at this and am determined not to be lazy and get into writing this thing- promise!
i am currently in salvador made it here after a long and at times bizarre 29 hour bus journey from rio. Rio by the way was a bit of a blur and i didnt really get to see the city all that much apart from a excellent but useless trip to the city bus station, imagine those of you from sheffield a hybird of sheffield interchange and castle market and you will have a fairly good idea what it was like. After Rosie got her bag delievered as it didnt arrive with us (long story) we decided to wait to explore the city until laura arrives at xmas.
However i did see christ and sugar loaf from the distance which was a very cool moment almost as cool as the crazy bad ass driving from the bus driver to said bus station. Tasha said she felt like sandra bullock in speed and i cant help but agree the quote ´there is enough c4 of this bus to bloe a whole in the world´ kept ringing in my mind! haha
so back to the journey to salvador, we sucessfully managed to smoothly get from the hostel to the bus, between us three we have zero portuguse and well not that many people speak english so its a miracle that we made it to the right bus on time! yeah
we were the only non brazilians on the bus so that in itself was an expereince, there was one woman who would not leave us alone at first it was funny but then it was beginning to piss us off cos she just wouldnt accept that we couldnt speak any portuguese. she then got particulary angry that we werent listening and enjoying the random brazilian music on the tv, all a bit awkward to be honest. all i understood was ´gringo´ the first time i have been called that! good times. the hostel is good at salvador really comfortable and much more like a hotel. just waiting for them to eat my first steak well correction my first proper food in brazil, very exciting!
any way enough of my rambling promise next time this will be better.........

Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0502s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb