Bolivia I (supplementary)


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia
July 5th 2009
Published: July 5th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Finally I managed it to re-upload the lost photos of Bolivia one...

Ok we left Sao Paulo on the 22nd of June and went on 20hrs busride to Corumba at the boarder to Bolivia. The border crossing was literally like stepping into another world. I never experienced a difference like that between two neighbour countries before, as we suddenly found ourselves in a much poorer country with a significantly different culture and lifestyle.

We only spent the afternoon in the bolivian border village of Quijarro in order to watch the Champion's league finals (which was actually quite difficult to manage there) and then we went on a overnight-train-ride to rainy Santa Cruz. Nice city, but due to the bad weather we only spent one night there and then we went on a really exhausting 16hrs bumpy-overnight-busride to Sucre.

Sucre is a really nice city. It has been declared as a Unesco World heritage site and therefore the buildings in the center are kept nicely white all the time.

Our next way brought us to 4100m high Potosi. The due to its silver mine formerly really rich city is reportedly the highest city in the world (depending on the definition of a city by its size of course).

Our next goal would have been the stunning salt flats of Uyuni, but unfortunately due to a strike the roads to Uyuni were blocked for some days and so we had to skip this major sight (however a good reason to come back soon 😊. Therefore we just went on to La Paz for the weekend.

Best greets!!!
HenC


Additional photos below
Photos: 92, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.269s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 63; dbt: 0.2191s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb