The Trip to the Mennonite Colonies near Santa Cruz


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » Santa Cruz Department » Santa Cruz
November 22nd 2012
Published: November 24th 2012
Edit Blog Post

The Four Who Went on the TripThe Four Who Went on the TripThe Four Who Went on the Trip

The four of us when on the trip to Santa Rita: Rod, me, Andres, and Sergio.
After some searching in Santa Cruz I was able to locate the one travel agency which has tours to the Mennonite Colonies. The Amboro Tours, Calle Libertad 417, Santa Cruz provided the guide, Andres, who knows the people and planned a tour that respectfully introduced us to the people and places in the colony.

The trip to the Santa Rita Colonia Menonita is about an hour from Santa Cruz, Bolivia. The driver was Sergio, the guide was Andres, and Rod went along, so there were four of us. Since Andres grew up with the Mennonites in Santa Rita he was the person who gave us entry into the Colony. There are a number of interesting places on the trip to the colony including the pueblo of Paurito which is close enough for the Mennonite to drive to with their horses and wagons.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

The Church in PauritoThe Church in Paurito
The Church in Paurito

Paurito is the nearest pueblo to the Santa Rita colony. The Mennonites come here for things they can't get in the small shop in the colony.
The "Mennonite Parking Lot"The "Mennonite Parking Lot"
The "Mennonite Parking Lot"

This is the place where the Mennonites leave their horses and wagons while they're doing business in the small village of Paurito. The horses are away from the traffic in a quiet area while their owners are busy in town.
Along the Roadside on the TripAlong the Roadside on the Trip
Along the Roadside on the Trip

This unfinished building appeared beside the road on the trip to the Colony. It looks like a Russian castle. I have no idea about the 'why' or 'what' of this building.


Tot: 0.192s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1541s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb