Arrival in Boliva


Advertisement
Published: June 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

route so far


We arrive at the border crossing between argentina and boliva at 5.40am in the morning. What a shock it is!!!! Totally freezing and so we all wrap up and the difference in the people is mad. The bolivan people are all very small and ugly and the woman all have big puffy skirts (knee length) with thick tights (like thick thick woolen) and sandals( its baltic). And to keep warm they have sheets (woven in different colours) wrapped around them like shawls (lots of them) Really hard to explain properly!!! We walk to the border crossing and already their is a massive queue!! The Bolivans seem to think that they can push in and go in front of everyone. Thankfully the argentina army try and stop them!!! We keep close together to keep them back, however as they are so close to us to try and push in we discover the first of how bad bolivan people smell. Yes they smell like poo, its really disgusting buts thats Boliva. Mad mad country. We finally get across the border and get to the train station and buy our tickets for the train that leaves in 8 hours!!!! We spent the day sleeping in the station along with another 15 or so back packers!!!

We treat ourselves and travel on the upgraded train which costs 3 pounds!!! Luxury and no smelly bolivans can afford this so only back packers, yipeee. Amazing scenery as the journey is through the mountains!!!

We arrive in Topiza and find it is Topiza´s birthday and so their is a street party!! Its amazing, music all night, however the music is spanish and kind of out of beat and rather rubbish but funny!!!

The local meat in Boliva is llama and so we decide this is the safest (and only) meat that I will eat in Boliva. Had a few llama steaks, burers etc and they all taste ok. The woman are all dressed the way I mentioned before and carry the babies on their back with the sheets/shawls!! (I have taken pictures which I will download when I get to La Paz) Its really hard to get pictures as they hate having their pictures taken. So we just have to buy radom rubbish and ask if we can have a picture and hope they will say yes. Or pretend to take pictures of each other when actually we are taken pictures of them.

Boliva is really hard to explain and maybe when u see the pictures you might get a better idea. Its mad weird and different from the normal but I totally love it!
Its really high up and even just walking up 10 stairs leaves you out of breath!! Getting used to the altitude is mad, its like u r totally unfit and get out of breath doing the simplest thing!!!

Advertisement



19th June 2006

My god you´re an ignorant so and so! If feel so badly about Bolivians maybe you should go back home! Not impressed.

Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 13; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0169s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb