Brokeback Bolivia.


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » Potosí Department » Tupiza
November 23rd 2007
Published: December 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

The town of Tupiza, in Southern Bolivia, reminded us of the American West. Dry desert and large rock formations dotted the countryside.

Sarah was sick during our time in Tupiza. And besides the benefit of getting some cough syrup with codeine, it meant we didn't really do a whole lot.

The one outdoor activity we did fit in though, was a horseback ride. Neither of us had really ever ridden a horse, so we figured that Bolivia was as good of a time as any. So, we met our so-called guide, walked 2 blocks from our hostel and met the horses.

Now, at home, if we were to go on a horseback ride we figured there might be waivers being signed, helmets being issued, and a good hour of instruction. But, we were in Bolivia and none of that happened. The man gave us each a horse and off we rode.

The ride was about 5 hours long and we rode through beautiful scenery. Large red walls, cactus, and rock fins filled in the landscape outside of Tupiza. After an hour or two on horseback we both felt more comfortable and had picked up on how you're actually supposed to ride a horse. We galloped a bit, not on purpose by Sarah, however. The guide would give her horse a kick and off it went...with Sarah hanging on for dear life and cursing the guide for making the horse run.

We finished up our ride, gave the horses a pat, and walked bowlegged back to our hostel where we massaged our sore rear ends the rest of the night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

BRINGING UP THE REARBRINGING UP THE REAR
BRINGING UP THE REAR

slowly but surely...


2nd December 2007

Hi you two
Wow, thats a nice picture of you two! Looks like you are having a great time. Thanks for the updates.
2nd December 2007

Young guns
Codeine? "You see the size of that chicken?"
5th December 2007

OMG - Sarah - Are you TAN?!?!

Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0367s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb