Carnaval!!!!


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » Oruro Department » Oruro
February 13th 2010
Published: February 25th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Oruro for Carnival. The carnival in Oruro is the second largest carnival in the world and we happened to be there on the biggest day. We took a bus from La Paz at three in the morning to arrive on time. When we got there the festivities had already begun. There was a huge parade going on with bleachers on both sides. You have to reserve your seats far in advance because everyone from Bolivia is there. The parade started at seven in the morning and lasts until five the next morning. The parade consisted of different groups from all over the country representing their own culture. Everyone was dressed up in their native outfits. The women dressed up with skirts and the men all had masks and huge costumes. Along with the dancers there was always a band. It was an amazing site to see. During the couple minutes between dancers there would always be huge water fight. Everyone was involved in this fight including the old. There would be wars between different sides and everyone was soaked. This was just as entertaining as the parade. We stayed there until ten that night then caught a night bus to Uyuni.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0625s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb