La Paz and around


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » La Paz Department » La Paz
February 7th 2010
Published: February 12th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in La Paz and found a very nice hostel. A little more expensive but it was worth it. We finally took a hot shower, which you don’t realize how nice it is until you don’t have one for a week. Our hostel had its own brewery and the beer was delicious. The stay included a free beer every night and free pancakes in the morning. We also met a lot of people here from all over the world. We spent our days in La Paz doing a little shopping, walking around, and bike riding down the world’s most dangerous road. I love the city of La Paz. The people here are very nice and it is a safe city. Also we chose to do a little cloths shopping here because we knew it would not be as cheap in Chile as it is here.
The Worlds Most Dangerous Road……or so it was when there were actually drivers on it. Now it is just a tourist attraction. This road use to be a major road that led to eastern Bolivia. It is named the worlds most dangerous road because people died on this road regularly. There is a huge cliff on one side, many sharp turns, and only room for a single car or truck. I can see why there were a lot of fatalities. We on the other hand decided to take a tour on bikes down this road. Eric had to talk me into it because I am not much of an extreme bike rider. I did it anyway and had fun. The road was very bumpy with rocks everywhere. After a while I was getting a little sick of it but the scenery was hard to beat. We were riding under waterfalls, along beautiful mountains, and down over 65 KM. It was a fun ride but I was glad when it was over. Eric had the time of his life though.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0516s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb