HOUSE !!!!!


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » La Paz Department » La Paz
September 26th 2007
Published: September 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Good news we found a house !!!!!!!!! Michael had tour after tour with real estate people. Everybody was saying the house market was very good and there were lots of houses on the market. We saw houses of our colleagues (very nice) but we did not really find the house we wanted. They were or not in the good area (too far) or old or the bathroom was pink or light blue etc etc. We know we are a bit difficult. A couple of weeks ago we were so fed up with all the houses so we decided to make a short list of 4 houses.
1 minimalistic house (very nice but far away), another minimalistic house (small garden), house in the middle of the centre (bit dark says Margot) and number 4 a Dallas house with a bubble bath in the garden (says Margot). Minimalistic in this part of the world means modern by the way.
House number 1 was quickly gone because the house owner wanted more money. Sorry we did not want to pay more and we actually thought it was too far. So that was a easy, we did not have to think any more.
So we went to house number 2 (second choice of both of us) we stepped inside and we said ok this is the house. We were very happy that we could end the house search. We are very happy with the decision, now we have to wait for the container. The rumour are that the cointainer with a probably very seasick car arrive end of this week in Chile. Then it has to be taken over the Andes (altitude sick car probably). Last thing is to get it in to La Paz. The electricity cables are hanging so low in the streets that they have to put a guy on the container to push them over the container. Very unlucky I have to go for a course to Miami on the moment we more or less can move in. So we decided to do the moving mid October. We are looking forward to have or own house and own kitchen again. A hotel is very nice but after a couple of months it is enough to go every evening for a bite in a restaurant. Ok we have a kitchen but are to lazy to cook and the price of a meal is more or less 5 euro's per person.
Our hotel is extremely nice but enough is enough.

The house has enough space to have visitors so ……………….


Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.039s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb