Lake Titicaca


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » La Paz Department » Lake Titicaca
September 30th 2007
Published: October 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

handicrafthandicrafthandicraft

selling of cane products
We are a bit behind with writing on our web log. 30 September we went to Lake Titicaca. A colleague of Margot’s work invited us to join. That we never say no to. So we went with 2 cars (1 was a beetle full with kids). There was a party of a village with dancing and a regatta. From were we live we first have to go though el Alto (the places were the airport is). On Sunday there is market in Alto so it was extremely crowded It took us 1.5 hour to leave the city. Normally that is not the case in La Paz. It is crowded with cars but still not to bad. Lots of people share buses and taxi’s (a shared taxi in La Paz is called a trufi). The day everybody had his own car here we will probably stand in a traffic jam the whole day. But ok with a bit of traffic in el Alto we finally managed to come on the Altiplano.
The beetle managed very well in the traffic. It is nice and small so when there was a gap the beetle jumped in. Our driver tried to follow with his big
music goupmusic goupmusic goup

preparing for the big show
4x4 but did not manage.
For Michael it was the first time out of La Paz. The weather was fantastic, even a bit too hot for the jackets. On the altiplano you have fantastic scenery. All the way to the lake you have snowy mountains on one side.
After a drive of one hour we reached the Lake the only thing now was to find the village. That was not to difficult. There were a lot people together on a football field (at least it looked like a football field). On the side they were selling a bit of local products. Mostly food but also some knit-work and some things made of cane.
After a walk around we decided to go sailing. So we rented a small motor boat. The weather as fantastic so that was not to bad. When we were on the water also the regatta started so we had a fantastic view on the competition not that we had a clue who was in front. After the boat-ride we had a look on one dance and then we decided to go for some food because it was already late. What do you eat on a lake in
TiredTiredTired

You get a bit tired from all this preparing
Bolivia???? Trout.
We found a nice restaurant on the lake and the best somebody said in our group. More people had that idear and it was very busy with only one waiter. Guess what happened we had to wait for more then 2 hours to get some food. Everything taste nice when you get food after 2 hours even Michael liked the trout!!!! Let’s see next time if he thinks it is still nice (haha). But ok we also think the trout is safest bed on the lake.
Then we drove home very satisfied and with a fantastic view on La Paz with the sun going down.



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

dancersdancers
dancers

always nice to have a group photo
MargotMargot
Margot

I was also there
regattaregatta
regatta

who is going to win !!!!
navynavy
navy

In the navy, navy, navy (but what happend to the sea)
carcar
car

car waiting at our restaurant to go hoem.


Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0459s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb