Down at the Copa, Copacabana..music and dancing


Advertisement
Bolivia's flag
South America » Bolivia » La Paz Department » Copacabana
January 23rd 2008
Published: January 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

You are probably thinking of the beach in Rio but this is a small town on the shores of Lake Titicaca. Pretty little place with not much to do. We stayed in the most gorgeous hotel with gardens with lots of hammocks overlooking the lake. So beautiful. All the rooms were full when we arrived (had no reservation only an email I sent enquiring the day before).... the guy was so nice and gave us a suite for the same price as a room.... was so gorgeous.... big sun room overlooking the lake with a hammock and cushiony chairs and table... was perfect for pre dinner glass of wine watching the sunset.... Trout is the specialty of the region so caught up on my fish consumption here. The steaks of Argentina are a distant memory......
Went to Isla De Sol for a day, some inca ruins here and hiking. Pretty. Was the longest, slowest journey home though on a packed boat stinking of petrol fumes.....
Left here for Puno, Peru.... was very sad to say goodbye to lovely suite.... ah well, on to more adventures!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0489s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb